SCCM – Application Migration Failed Because of the Languages?

These days, I’m working on a SCCM migration which require to consolidate 5 ConfigMgr Sites into 1 Primary sites. So part of our transition plan, we want to shared the distribution points between our legacy environments and our new CM Site, then use the migration job to only migrate the objects that need to be migrated. Well So far nothing too complicated, but once we start the migration, we notice that some type of objects like application are failing…

So we look at the SMSProv.log and Migmctrl.log to check for any errors, but so far nothing to helpful (unkown error and 0/1 object returned);

migctrl

smsprov0

So keeping working on the migration I start to think about what could be different between collections, packages and applications, as those are the 3 types of objects we have migrated so far.. and all the others are working well…

Having a closer look to the log files, I’ve noticed that the user context and preferred languages was set to English…

smsprov1033

So I tried to remove all the other languages configure on the application that we are trying to migrate… then it works. So after removing the deployment type languages and Apps Catalog language the migration job work successfully…

I don’t know if this is something documented,as I haven’t been able to found anything related to this so far… but well now I need to work on a PowerShell script to do all the changes prior to the migration and reapplying the settings once the apps are migrated… Thx Microsoft.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s